|Sl. No.||Topic||Learning Objectives|
|1||Screening and early detection of cancer and its relevance in public health vis-Ã -vis dental public health||1. To learn about the burden of oral cancer around the globe.
2. National Cancer screening program and significance of oral cancer screening in India.
3. Method of oral cancer screening in India.
4. To understand the public health significance of oral cancer prevention in India.
|2||Epidemiology, etiology and risk factors of Oral Cancer (with a focus on Tobacco and Areca Nut)||1. To know the epidemiology of oral cancer around the globe.
2. To learn about the etiology of oral cancer.
3. To identify the risk factors associated with oral cancer.
4. To learn in detail about role of tobacco and areca nut in oral cancer
|3||Oral Potential Malignant Disorders (OPMDs): pathophysiology, diagnosis and various types of OPMDs||1. To learn the clinical features and pathophysiology of OPMDs
2. Various diagnostic menthod
3. To study the histopathological feature of different OPMDs.
4. To know about the malignant potential of each OPMD
|4||Oral cancer- An Overview of clinical features, signs and symptoms, diagnosis, TNM staging and management (brief)||1. To know the signs and symptoms of oral cancer
2.To know the different clinical presentation of oral cancer
3. Various diagnostic menthod used in oral cancer screening.
4. TNM staging and management of oral cancer
|5||Effects of tobacco on health and the benefits of quitting||1. To understand the effects of tobacco on health
2. Acute effects associated with tobacco use.
3. Chronic effects associated with tobacco use
4. To know the benefits of quitting tobacco in terms of individual, social and economical
|6||Nicotine and areca nut addiction; use of appropriate measurement scales to record addiction patterns and assess risk||1. To understand the addiction of tobacco
2. To understand the addiction of areca nut
3. Different scales used to measure tobacco and areca nut addiction
4. Scales measuring the risk associated with addiction of tobacco and areca nut
|7||Behavioral intervention for tobacco cessation||1. To understand the significance of behavioral approach for tobacco cessation.
2. To learn the 5A and 5R method for tobacco cessation.
3. To learn about the behavior change models for tobacco cessation
4. To know how to over come the various nicotine with drawal symptoms
|8||Pharmacological intervention for tobacco cessation||1. To know the importance of pharmacological intervention in tobacco cessation.
2. Role of NRT in tobacco cessation.
3. Non-NRT in tobacco cessation.
4. Tobacco cessation in special situations (eg: Pregnancy, chronic cardiac and respiratory diseases, immunocompromised patients, mentally unstable patients)
|9||Management of relapse||1. To understand the significance of lapse and relapse in tobacco cessation.
2. To learn about the relapse prevention models.
3. To identify the high risk situations associated with relapse.
4. To understand the intervention strategies for relapse prevention.
|10||Setting up tobacco cessation services in India||1. To understand the importance of tobacco cessation centers in India.
2. Manpower requirement for tobacco cessation centers.
3. Armamentarium for tobacco cessation centers.
4. Record/data management in tobacco cessation centers
|11||Role of health professionals including primary healthcare workers in tobacco cessation, avenues for training and re-orientation||1. Role of health care providers in tobacco cessation
2. To understand the significance of primary health care workers in tobacco cessation
3. To know the current senario in training and re-orientation of health professionals in tobacco cessation.
4. National programs associated with training of health professionals in tobacco cessation.
|12||Regulatory framework for tobacco control , efforts for tobacco control in India – the current scenario||1. Role of international organisations in tobacco control.
2. National level intiatives in tobacco control in India.
3. Tobacco control regulations in India.
4. Research areas in tobacco control.
|13||Overview of alcohol use disorders and short-term management||1. To understand the significance of alcohol addiction
2. To know the various disorders associated with alcohol use
3. To know about the short term management of alcohol addiction
|14||Long term management and points for referral in case of alcohol use disorders||1. To know about the long term management of alcohol addiction
2. Referral points for alcohol use disorders.
Ended the breast cancer screening module of the 11th online Cancer Screening Training Program for Medical Officers with an interactive session by Dr. Piyush Ranjan @aiims_newdelhi
@drshalini_icmr @Roopahprasad @NethanSuzanne @Jaispratibha2 @AmritaJo @ECHOIndiaTrust