MoHFW is in the process of rolling out population-based cancer screening of cervical, breast and oral cancers in the primary health care system, under the Non communicable Diseases Control Program (NCDCP). In India we have a huge burden of cervical, breast and oral cancer increasing. Staff nurses working in the primary health centers are entrusted with screening for different types of cancers remotely and expected to counsel and create awareness within the communities. This course will enlighten the participants on all these aspects.
Epidemiology and risk factors for cancers, histopathology, diagnosis and management of various types of cancers-cervical,breast, oral and miscellaneous, types of screening, diagnosis and management of cancers, burden of cancer in India, prevalence, incidence and mortality of cancer.
Focus Area: Cervical, Breast and Oral cancer screening
Format of Program – Duration, Frequency and Schedule:
Duration: 10 weeks, 1.5 hour (3-4:30pm)
Frequency: Once a week
Schedule: 24 March 2022 to 2 May 2022
1 week before the first session of the training program – Pre-training evaluation quiz (MANDATORY)
1 week before the first session – Orientation on the usage of iECHO & ECHO etiquettes
Module Session details:
Didactics by Expert – 20 to 25 min
Q&A – upto 10 -15 min
Case discussions by Spokes
Before each module- pre module quiz (MANDATORY)
After each module-post module quiz (MANDATORY)
After the final session of the training program – Post-training evaluation quiz (MANDATORY)
- Knowledge gain about cervical, breast and oral cancer screening & miscenallanous assessed by pre & post training evaluation surveys and pre & post module quizes. Spoke is required to attain a score of atleast 50% aggregate.
- Change in attitudes & practice assessed through pre & post training evaluation surveys and pre and post module quizes
- Knowledge & skill gain regarding cervical cancer screening techniques (PAP & VIA) & treatment of precancerous cervical lesions.
- Knowledge & skill gain to conduct breast cancer screening through clinical breast examination.
- Knowledge & skill gain to conduct oral cancer screening through oral visual examination & provide brief advice for tobacco cessation.
- Knowledge & skill gain on proper infection control methods to be followed in their respective healthcare facilities & documentation of screening results.
Certificate of Course Completion from ICMR-NICPR.
Attend atleast 7 out of total 10 sessions
Atleast 1 case presentation (in any of the three modules)
Minimum 50% in each module and in the post-evaluation survey
Complete both pre & post training evaluation surveys